- Almond oil is perfect for moisturizing nails
- Olive oil is a brilliant eye make up remover as well as a wonderful moisturizer -if it’s good enough for Sophia Loren…
- Coconut oil will moisturize even the driest skin
- Ice cubes rubbed on the face tightens pores and increases blood circulation
- Honey with its healing and antiseptic qualities dabbed onto a blemish and left overnight will kill the infections that cause pimples.
- Witch hazel or baking soda are natural deodorants, that work just as well as commercial deodorants and don’t contain harmful chemicals.
- Yoghurt and lemon juice mixed together for softening hands.
- Yoghurt applied to the face every morning will keep the complexion smooth, healthy and fresh. Wash it off after a few minutes with cold water.
- Avocado on its own makes a wonderful mask. Mash it up and smooth it on. Leave for 15 minutes and gently rinse off with warm water.
- Banana mash and apply. Leave on for no more than 5 or 10 minutes, then rinse off completely.
- Pineapple can be peeled leaving 1 cm of fruit on the peel. Smooth it on, flesh side down and rinse off.
- Aloe makes a great shaving gel. Buy a plant, break open a leaf and voila! Also great for healing cuts.
- Shea or Cocoa Butter beautiful as a lip gloss. If it is too thick rub it between your fingers to soften it.
Homemade spa recipes and homemade skincare are worth the little extra effort. Organic ingredients provide the best result.
Be creative and surprise yourself. Careful though, with the simplicity of these homemade spa recipes it is possible to overindulge… how wonderful!